Be Part of the Solution
Be a Delegate
Nevada State Medical Association
119th Annual Meeting
August 25th-27th, 2023
Strong leadership is needed – and it is needed NOW. Be a part of the solution!
Be the voice for your fellow physicians and medical community.
Sign up to be a CCMS Delegate today.
Here’s how it works:
If I sign up as a delegate, what happens next?
Does it cost anything?
• As a CCMS Delegate, you will attend three required preparatory meetings prior to the annual meeting
to discuss resolutions to submit to the House of Delegates at the annual meeting.
Meetings will be May 16, June 14, and July 18, 2023 and will be held via zoom.
• Delegates must attend the 2023 NSMA Annual Meeting
from Friday August 25 – Sunday, August 27, 2023 in Stateline, Nevada at Harveys Lake Tahoe Resort and Casino.
• CCMS Delegates are responsible for the meeting registration, travel, and hotel accommodations.
Please visit NSMA’s webpage at https://nvdoctors.org/membership/events/
to book your room online within the discounted NSMA room block.
o CCMS has received a generous donation to cover the registration cost for the Student Delegates and Resident Delegates
What is a resolution?
• Resolutions determine the Association’s policies and priorities.
• Any CCMS member can submit a resolution to the delegation committee.
• Example resolutions are available at https://nvdoctors.org/
Can I attend the annual meeting
if I am not a delegate?
YES, you can and you should for the following reasons …
• Network with people who coordinate efforts for all legislative medicine-related issues
dealing with tort reform and regulatory issues that affect physicians every day.
• Voice your opinions and give valuable input as to the mission and purpose of our organization.
• Exchange ideas with physicians from throughout the state about many topics from
problems with hospitals or insurance companies, to public health issues.
How does the society determine the
number of county delegate seats?
• Each county society is allotted one (1) seat per every 20 members
• CCMS is entitled to the following:
o Delegate Count – 29
o Alternate Delegate Count – 29
o Student Delegate Count – 2
o Student Alternate Delegate Count – 2
o Resident Delegate Count – 2
o Resident Alternate Delegate Count – 2